• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Will the REAL CL77 Float Valve please stand up?

gbyoung2

Total Posts
Total likes
When I was having the fuel issue leaking from the carbs on my CL77, I started looking around for some replacement float valves. Interestingly, a number of sites show the part number for the valve as being: 16011-375-004….. which is claimed to be a 2.0 valve size and a number that many claim to be the correct size.

Other sites show the part number as being: 16011-375-004….. which is claimed to be a 2.5 valve size. The same number if you missed that.

All the ancient parts books I have show the same number, but no description.

CMS, in the Netherlands, also shows the same number, with the valve being a 2.5 in an accompanying picture.

And finally, one site shows the part number as being: 16011-375-004 too….. which is claimed to be a 2.0 valve on one page, continue scrolling, and it also shows it as being a 2.5 valve on another page.

Some of the other part numbers floating around indicate that those numbers have all been superceded with the 16011-375-004 number, with a 2.0 or 2.5 valve shown in accompanying images, depending on which page you’re looking at.

I’m not sure it really makes a RA between a 2.0 or a 2.5, but just trying to figure out what’s going on.

?????????????

The 2.0 and 2.5 numbers are related to the flow of fuel thru the valve. All it means is the 2.5 will fill the float bowl faster than the 2.0. it'll still shut off the fuel at the float setting.

Back
Top Bottom