• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Hard to find 2.75x18 Tires

Yakeye

Veteran Member
Total Posts
Total likes
I’m trying to find tires. 2.75x18. 3.00x18 for my 1976 CB200. The 2.75 for the front is almost impossible to locate. Motorcycle Tires.com has Heidenau s to fit. Does anyone have any info or experience dealing with Motorcycle Tires.com. Looks like they are in Miami??? Just not familiar with them. Thanks for any input.

I ordered from the website above - the guys in Miami.
I got a K34 rear 3.25, which showed up on my front step a few days after ordering (much to my surprise, as I had not yet told the girlfriend about the new bike...)

The front has not yet shipped, but I emailed them about it and they said it was being sent from Germany and should ship early May.

So I’ve had a good experience with them thus far.

Hey all ...thank you for your replies. Tom, my bad on giving the incorrect web address... Long Distance, thanks for the correction...Thomas, thanks for your experience...1969 CL, thanks for the recommendation.

Hey all ...thank you for your replies. Tom, my bad on giving the incorrect web address... Long Distance, thanks for the correction...Thomas, thanks for your experience...1969 CL, thanks for the recommendation.

All good brother... (y) that's why we work together.

I scared myself a bit last year with a front wheel slide on my CB175, dry road, CST ribbed front (new) tyre.

So I've decided to change to some hopefully better rubber, Avon Street Runners, 2.75 and 3.00 18 sizes. Ordered on Sunday night, arrived yesterday ( Wednesday ), 74 UKP for the pair. (103 USD). National Bike tyres UK dealer.

Date codes August 2018 and September 2018, made in Slovenia, not UK as hoped. Just giving the rubber the finger nail test, they don't feel as soft as the very similar Michelin Street Pilots that I've just fitted to my SL175.

Richard that was quick. I finally searched every provider I could find in US and there were no 2.75x18 s in stock anywhere. I did order from Motorcycletire.com as they had the 3.00 rear Heidenau and were getting a shipment of Heidenau 2.75x18 from Germany this month. So I will wait and see!!! I hope they are true to their word.

Spent the afternoon fitting these tyres. I guess practice makes perfect, these tyres went on easier than the Michelins the other day. The out going CST nylon tyres came off very easily, unlike the Mitas block pattern tyres, which put up a real fight. Plenty of tyre soap is the key. Hardest part was getting the rim tape to stay in place, and getting the valve stem through the rim.

I've fitted longer rear shocks to my CB175, which makes rear wheel removal a pain, axle clashes with silencers. Resolved by removing shocks, easy job once that is done, bike on centre stand.

p8vferI.jpg

Back
Top Bottom