• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Ground to Frame - SL350 K2

Clutch Cargo

Veteran Member
Total Posts
Total likes
Another question as I chase the 4k RPM stumble. On my SL100, the wiring harness has a very definite set of ground leads. One goes to the battery terminal and the other goes to the frame itself.

Looking at the SL350 wiring, on the bike, there is a lead going to the negative battery terminal, but I don’t see any other lead, in the harness, attached to the frame.

Looking online at the wiring diagram, I see the harness lead to the battery, and what appears to be a stand-alone connection from battery negative to the frame, for ground. However, this may just be the way they drew it vs a physical wire.

Can someone shed some light on proper grounding on a 73 SL350 K2 please?

Looking at the fiche for the K1 and K2 wiring harness, it appears you're right about the ground at the battery to the harness. Been so long since I owned mine and it was new then as well, so I wouldn't have had the need to look into it and without electric start, few things need frame ground anyway if they achieve the ground they need through the harness which leads back to the battery. Above #7 and to the left of #5 are the 2 leads that connect to the battery terminals

honda-sl350-motosport-1972-k2-usa-wire-harnessignition-coil_bighu0025f0021_1278.jpg

Looking at the fiche for the K1 and K2 wiring harness, it appears you're right about the ground at the battery to the harness.

Good deal. Thanks. I am going to get some proper gauge wire and make one up with some ring connectors. Looking for every gremlin that might contribute to the engine miss at speed. On a positive note, the battery is now known good. Purchased a Battery Tender and hooked it up today. Lights indicated it was already over 80% charge and only took a few minutes to auto switch over to 100% float.

Good deal. Thanks. I am going to get some proper gauge wire and make one up with some ring connectors. Looking for every gremlin that might contribute to the engine miss at speed. On a positive note, the battery is now known good. Purchased a Battery Tender and hooked it up today. Lights indicated it was already over 80% charge and only took a few minutes to auto switch over to 100% float.

Yep, extra grounds can't hurt.

Back
Top Bottom