• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

CB360 (378) Final Drive

Loco-moto

Total Posts
Total likes
Those of you who have done the GS mod, what final drive are you running? I’m thinking about putting a 17 (stock:16 [so lower ratio]) tooth up front with a stock rear. Hoping to get the same torque feel through all the gears with a higher top speed for each. Have you changed your final drives? What did you think of the results (even if you didn’t change the final drive)?

Those of you who have done the GS mod, what final drive are you running? I’m thinking about putting a 17 (stock:16 [so lower ratio]) tooth up front with a stock rear. Hoping to get the same torque feel through all the gears with a higher top speed for each. Have you changed your final drives? What did you think of the results (even if you didn’t change the final drive)?

Even though you picked up some extra power from the larger displacement, you'll still lose a bit of acceleration with a 17 tooth front sprocket and the higher gears, particularly 5th and 6th, will theoretically be longer but you might not have the power to pull each of them to redline or close to it. Most Hondas were a bit overgeared from the factory and weren't able to top out 5th or 6th (high gear) anyway. I dropped 1 tooth on all my SOHC CB750s because they would come a lot closer to redline in 5th (about 125 indicated) than with stock gearing, which was good for about 130 to 135 mph on paper but would never pull it stock. Going up 1 tooth on a smaller engine will help with vibration at cruising speeds but will cause you to downshift more often when encountering hills or stiff headwinds.

I have 17/34 on my 350. You lose a little pep on the street but nice for highway and gas mileage.

I once drove a 360 that did something like 75mph in 5th at 5,500rpm. It was crazy and I wish I checked the gearing. Being said, it was a slow pig on the street and took a while to get up to speed.

I run 16/38 on my 350, great for what I use it for which doesn’t include long highway stretches anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom