• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

CA95 Tach Drive Gear Removal

Rgervais

Total Posts
Total likes
Hi
Looking for some advice/expertise. I can't seem to remove the tach drive gear from the housing (the internal gear). The FSM says drive it out with a drift, but this is not working for me. Is there something I'm missing, a trick, or just time for a bigger hammer? Thanks in advance!
Tach Drive Side View.jpgTach Drive Internal.jpgTach Drive Mechanism.jpg

IIRC....It HAS to be OFF the engine so the internal gearing is NOT being retained by the worm gear on the end of the camshaft ....
It MAY be FUBAR already.....

Untitled.png

Thanks for the reply - the service manual says the gear has to be removed because there is a 4th mounting screw holding the housing in behind the gear. The housing is a bit loose and moves slightly, but ‘pivots’ around that gear - so I suspect there actually is a 4th screw behind there.

Yes, You are correct, but it APPEARS that the bush is now deformed enough to prevent its removal which is necessary to remove the gear, to get to the screw...... Catch 22.....
I could offer some "out of the box" suggestions as how best to save the majority of the parts, but since those methods are not good practice you will have to get them via phone call.....

Back
Top Bottom