• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

CA95 Rear Axle Washer - Where does it go?

IMBuddy8

Total Posts
Total likes
I'm restoring a 1965 CA95 Honda baby dream and pulled off the wheel months ago to replace brakes/tires/bearings. I can't remember where this washer went in the sequence but don't feel I have it in the right position/order currently. Everything else feels right besides this washer I'm unsure of. Thanks in advance!

434144264_10161405337322436_2083770822376114267_n.jpg

434130691_10161405337292436_1832638289692276015_n.jpg

I don't think it's part of the rear wheel. I've seen guys use something like that when they've lost the #13 short outer collar, but it doesn't work and jams the final drive hub. Your pic seems to show you have it correct. I don't recognize it.

I know the fiche doesn't show it, but I seem to remember a big flat washer behind the large nut on the short 'axle' for the drive hub on my CT200 and I wondered if it might be that since the diameter looks pretty large (or maybe that's what someone used it for even though it may not have come with it)

Thank you all for your replies. I also tried some googling and reviewed diagrams without seeing it in other locations. I ended up removing it as you mentioned it doesn't seem necessary. Maybe behind that larger nut to avoid a space in that large nut and the smaller axle nut but doesn't seem necessary either way. I guess it could protect the start of the threads for the large nut if you overtightened the axle, either way don't think it's needed.

Don't use the washer. The flats on the stub axle mean less threads to start with, so don't overtighten the fine threads on that large nut.

Back
Top Bottom