• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

CA160 EV Conversion

Not only a great looker but a technology demonstrator and quite likely an inspiration. Wouldn't be surprised to see more EV projects.

outstanding! you know i'm partial to the full fendered solo seat bikes to start with, but this one is over the top with tech upgrades.
really nice work.

Yup, definitely a work of art, got to love black and chrome. You must get some interesting looks and comments. Your wife will love the attention.

"Your wife will love the attention"

haha, probably yes!

"Your wife will love the attention"

haha, probably yes!

When it comes to our vintage bikes and the effort we put into them as well as simply the uniqueness of their existence, they will always generate attention and that alone is gratifying. And it will also give her a chance to brag about her husband's excellent efforts.

Hey, if you put pedals on a Benly it would still be cool. Alternative power is at least interesting. No appreciation for the mods, craftsmanship and creativity with what you've done. Tell em you're next one's gonna be steam powered with a fire box fueled by naysayer BS.

The readers of Motorcycle Classics don't exactly love this project

"the end is near"

I typically defend old-school thinking, but those comments are inane and ridiculous. Whether or not the world runs out of lithium before another alternative energy source is found (or not) that's a cold and thoughtless stance to take in the face of creativity and excellent craftsmanship, which is something boomers and their parents and grandparents have all had longstanding concerns about. You can't piss and moan about younger generations not learning, getting involved in or even caring about blue collar level work while they live the disposable life and then not give someone younger the benefit of the doubt when they decide to embrace the idea of a great combination of old-school mechanical efforts and 21st century technology. Danny did great work on it and they're too busy being so narrow-minded that they can't even appreciate the overall effort.

Hey, if you put pedals on a Benly it would still be cool. Alternative power is at least interesting. No appreciation for the mods, craftsmanship and creativity with what you've done. Tell em you're next one's gonna be steam powered with a fire box fueled by naysayer BS.

Absolutely agree, and an excellent retort.

If only that could be turned into energy...we'd power the world forever just through the power of facebook alone :lol:

Unfortunately tunnel vision can be found in every field...I work with projects concerning alternative energy and similar on a daily basis, and my personal belief is that the only solution that ensures a future is to have a mix of all solutions, otherwise we'll be doomed no matter what...so we might have electric bikes, bikes powered by synthetic fuels, bikes running on fuel cells or something new entirely...as long as we don't try to pass one technology as the "only" solution

thank you CatMan! I'm going to be honest, when I started this project I thought that one of the benchmark for success would be getting it onto bikeexif.com. Check mark! Another benchmark for success is to get invited to show it at a major national show like The One Moto, the Handbuilt show, Mama Tried, etc. That's what I'm trying to do next.

thank you CatMan! I'm going to be honest, when I started this project I thought that one of the benchmark for success would be getting it onto bikeexif.com. Check mark! Another benchmark for success is to get invited to show it at a major national show like The One Moto, the Handbuilt show, Mama Tried, etc. That's what I'm trying to do next.
Here's the One Moto information, got the email this morning.
https://www.tixr.com/groups/1moto/events/the-one-motorcycle-show-2023-56509

Nice write-up on the bike Danny, congrats. Hope you can get it into one of those shows, the effort and quality you put into this project deserves to be recognized. Pretty sure this is a typo though, since you did all the work yourself ("A testament to Rob’s creativity and metalworking skills, it sits within the Dream’s frame as if it came that way from the factory.")

Back
Top Bottom