• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

A HM344 muffler arrived today along with a little surprise

ausman1000

Veteran Member
Total Posts
Total likes
Got a great deal on a solid nice looking muffler and it arrived today via UPS, having shipped from Illinois. It was well packed so that's a plus and I liked what I was looking at until I peered into the flange end with a flashlight. What I saw looked like someone had packed it tight with some kind of insulation but thankfully it turned out to be a nice little mouse nest.... I assume?

cmuf.jpg buck.jpg mousy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think mice pee everywhere but you might rinse that out before you put it into service.

Would you not think that putting it into service would remedy any real/imagined issues rather than rinsing?

And that funky bouquet when it heats up good. Eewwwww!

I look forward to it. Won't last long and I get to see the last few remnants exit out the back. Maybe I should lean it out to raise temps to cook things real good.

The HM344 should have a removable baffle;one small bolt at the bottom.
That muffler is excellent;where did you locate it ?

The HM344 should have a removable baffle;one small bolt at the bottom.
That muffler is excellent;where did you locate it ?

Yes it has a JIS screw at the bottom.

So how exactly does the baffle come out, does it slide out through the flange end? Is it a tube within a tube? I don't know what the internal construction looks like. The baffle in this one looks to be 11 inches long.

Bought off eBay, right place right time, right price.

Yes it has a JIS screw at the bottom.

So how exactly does the baffle come out, does it slide out through the flange end? Is it a tube within a tube? I don't know what the internal construction looks like. The baffle in this one looks to be 11 inches long.

Bought off eBay, right place right time, right price.

Yes,the baffle slides right out.
I want a right one as nice as that HM344 !!! (y) (y)

I understand.
The little welded bar going across the outlet hole must help when you go to remove the baffles from the mufflers?
I think it impedes flow a bit,imo.

Do you have a pic of the baffle end of your muffler ?

None of the HM series mufflers for the 350's that I have had in my possession had that bar across the outlet? Also what does the bolt/screw actually screw into? Is there a nut welded to the opposite side of that mounting bracket that I can't see in the stock pics?

None of the HM series mufflers for the 350's that I have had in my possession had that bar across the outlet? Also what does the bolt/screw actually screw into? Is there a nut welded to the opposite side of that mounting bracket that I can't see in the stock pics?

Yes,there is a nut/threads inside the baffle which are permanent inside there.

Back
Top Bottom