• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

'78 CB400T carb vent tube routing?

gearsoup

Veteran Member
Total Posts
Total likes
This sounds like something that should be readily apparent, but....

I didn't pay attention to where each carb drain hose was routed when I yanked the carbs out of the bike a few months ago. The hoses were all cracked, so I was just concerned with getting the carbs out. Now that the project is mostly wrapped up, I'm scratching my head as to where they go...

Looking thru the pictures I took, the PO had the left carb hose routed near the chain on the left side. That doesn't seem correct...right?

The right side seems more self explanatory, as there's an eyelet mounted on the tranny case that seems like an idea spot to route a hose to allow for draining to the ground should the float needle stick (or a crack develop in the up-pipe)

On the other hand, it doesn't seem correct that they both be routed to the right side, as that eyelet doesn't look big enough to accept the current wire and another two hoses..

It would seem that way from the sticker Honda put on the battery box, as in the pic from the manual. Jim will be back tomorrow and he knows these bikes inside and out.

Back
Top Bottom