• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

cl175

1. Khrysgo88

Throttle junction box pain

Hey Honda twin Gurus, Hope you all have been enjoying the holidays as much as possible in these times. I’ve been having a blast with my 1972 CL175K6 in the balmy coastal Texas weather aside from dealing with the rain days. This morning headed home I started the bike up and when I went the...
  2. Talisman

CL175 carburetors problem

Hello good people. I'm looking for expert advice to solve issues with my carburators on CL175 (1968). Couple of problems, 1. Idling not always the same, it could die easily or some times engine is hunting. It gets better after run, but in my view bike only really goes in forth and fifth gears...
  3. 1971 CL175 Shifter leak/ seal replacement. Attempted guide/ complications.

I found and started to work on this bike in late 2020 after it was parked in the early 90s and hadn’t moved since. It was stored indoors but most importantly no one had touched it since then. No one had tried to half fix it, gave up, lost parts, etc. so it was a great find. I started mostly...
  4. Headlight Bucket bent at turn signal mount

I searched but couldn't find any comments on this topic. Sorry if I missed it. Right turn signal on a CL175 was bent and that caused the mounting point on the headlight bucket to be deformed, bent inward so that the turn signal mounting rod is now at a sharp angle to bike and bucket. I need to...
  5. safayan

1972 CL175 left cylinder not firing

So my 1972 CL175 will start and idle fine, but just feeling the left and right headers makes it obvious that the left cylinder is not firing. The left header gets warm, but not nearly as hot as the right header. Things I have done diagnostically: - I DO have spark at the left plug. - with the...
  6. old river rat

CL 175K3 exhaust removal

I'm back to working on my old 1969 CL 175 K3 and hung up trying to remove the exhaust pipes. The factory manual says they welded them up to assure better performance.(??) Specifically it looks like they welded the two pipes together via a mounting bracket just in front of the muffler. The...
  7. NO START 1971 CL175 K5

Hey everybody, I finally got my bike all assembled and after geting it started for the first time last night, it was able to run for a few seconds if I stay on the throttle but it would then die out and made a sort of squeak that I don't know how to go about diagnosing. I will post a video of my...
  8. old river rat

removal of a '69 CL175 K3 exhaust... need some help

After spending my shop time last winter on two non-Honda bike projects and getting a START on my CJ 360T project (which I will spend more time on next winter) I decided to get a start on what will be a MAJOR rebuild of a '69 CL175 K3. I mention all of this to indicate that I'm not in a hurry...
  9. '69 CL175 Break-in Procedure

I have recently rebuilt my cl175 engine and I am getting ready to start her up for the first time and I am hoping for some advice on what to do before that first crank of the kickstarter and then once its running and the timing and carbs are adjusted, how do I break in the engine? how should I...
  10. nineteen70moto

1970 CB175 Race Replica or AHRMA 200 GP+

5-years ago, I was knee-deep into a CB350 project that I had begin to acquire in pieces, and I made the mistake of buying a frame and engine with no title. As it turned out, I was able to sell off the pieces of the project when we moved from Iowa back to Illinois and took residence in a 50-year...
Back
Top Bottom