• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

CM400A start/run/stop switch housing internal

rustytierod

Total Posts
Total likes
Does anyone have a picture of the inside controls that house the start/run/stop switch housing for a 1980 CM400A? I believe the T model may be similar.

I'm specifically looking on how to assemble the cable retaining plate, strain relief or whatever it is called that holds the incoming wires down.

Thank you

Mine would not stay (electrically) on "Run". When I took it apart, corroded horrors, I found nothing useful left inside, and replaced it with an Emgo. Now I have an extra On/Off switch I can play with.

oJoRbY4.jpg

I have read of more than one 400/450 user that had to replace theirs. Most folks just get another from the salvage places on eBay. If you find a way to rebuild it, please let us know.

Mine would not stay (electrically) on "Run". When I took it apart, corroded horrors, I found nothing useful left inside, and replaced it with an Emgo. Now I have an extra On/Off switch I can play with.

I have read of more than one 400/450 user that had to replace theirs. Most folks just get another from the salvage places on eBay. If you find a way to rebuild it, please let us know.

Hoping to find a picture of what I have properly assmebled/secured

Last edited by a moderator:
I did a search earlier for the CM400A right switch to see if any images of the inside were available, no luck. It's going to be hard to find, maybe the only solution will be to buy a used one intact for parts on eBay.

You might know this already, but the 400T/C/E switch is the same as the 400A for the right side. You can swap the inners from a left carefully, but it's kind of a pain to do so.

Make sure you use JIS screwdrivers if you're swapping innards from one to the other as it's very easy to booger up the screws in these. If you can mount it in a vise then using these t-handled ones work exceptionally well for the price: https://www.amazon.com/Handle-Screwdriver-Japanese-Standard-Screws/dp/B07V571J15

Back
Top Bottom