• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

CB350 Peg Bar Issue

JLatimer

Total Posts
Total likes
My peg bar seems to be bent/twisted unless I am missing something. I don't recall seeing this on the tear down. If I bolt down the left side, the right side doesn't line up and if I bolt down the right side, the left doesn't line up. The pics are kinda hard to see but I am hoping someone can have a look and help me out if I am missing something.
3ccd17b184530ac2a6a52aaeff9eef6e.jpg

9c4efd8e0ee65c17ca8993f4baf043f4.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908W using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember having a similar issue with my 350, although yours seems much more exaggerated.

If you loosely bolt up one side (not even hand tight) can you maneuver it to a point where you can get all the bolts started?

That’s how I usually did mine up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I might be able to get them started but man will there be a lot of torsion once I tighten it all down.

Loosen the engine mounting bolts so there's clearance to move, then thread all the bar bolts in a little. Tighten the bar bolts and then the engine mount bolts.

I might be able to get them started but man will there be a lot of torsion once I tighten it all down.

That’s how mine typically was.

Jim - are you basically just saying that the engine mounting bolts torque the frame a bit, causing it to deform enough to cause this issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly, the frame has some flex and by tightening the engine mounts the frame will flex inwards. The peg bar add rigidity to the frame. It's a mod that the racers use when they toss the bar in favor of rear sets.
7047870347_a8a16fb618_b.jpg

Oh wow! I never would have thought that I will give that a try and check back in here with results

By this point in these bikes' lives they've all been down on one side or the other at least once and footpegs/mounting hardware takes a beating from the 350+ lbs of weight crashing it into the pavement at some level of speed.

Thanks all. That worked. I loosened off all the engine bolts. Put all the peg bar bolts on by a few threads, then the last one I had to force down with a lever. Once I got that in place by a few threads I was able to tighten it all back down again.

There is definitely a lot of tension on the whole assembly but nothing broke :)

Back
Top Bottom