• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

1975 CB360

wddkcast

Total Posts
Total likes
How much would you pay for a non-running CB 360 with a title? I found one in my area but have not inspected it yet?

Update info: Saw some pics, missing muffler, broken indicators, now, the seller said it runs

Moved to Bikes Found For Sale section.

A non-running bike typically is worth about a dollar a cc. With clear title helps, but once you get into more information (running, missing pieces, damaged parts, etc) then we need to see pictures to better know what it could be worth. And of course, you would have to see and hear it run, and potentially ride it for a short distance if possible to check out things like transmission and clutch operation, if it rides straight (as in potential wreck damage you can't see) and what the engine sounds like internally.

Thanks, I'll be taking pics, and doing everything you suggested.

If you have a compression gauge, take that with you along with a plug socket so you can see if the cylinders are at least equal even if a little low. Spec is around 170-180 lbs IIRC, minimum to run halfway decently would be no less than 150. And, pull the dipstick to see what the oil looks like and smells like. If the petcock is on when you arrive, there could be fuel in the oil and you can use that to haggle price with - if it has been run for any length of time with fuel-diluted oil it can have top end damage due to poor lubrication.

I'm really learning a lot about Honda CBs. Appreciate all the advise and I'll post updates. Thanks again.

I'm really learning a lot about Honda CBs. Appreciate all the advise and I'll post updates. Thanks again.

It's what we do here, and you've only scratched the surface of what there is to learn about these wonderful machines from nearly 50 years ago. We're looking forward to you finding one to take home and get started on, then the process really gets to the fun stuff. :)

Back
Top Bottom