• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Air filter box to battery tray pass through not aligned

71CB350

Total Posts
Total likes
I bought a non-running 74' cb360 a few months back that was being Cafe'd by the previous owner, who lost interest in the project. After rebuilding the carbs and all the other stuff to get the bike running I opted not to use the pods he had installed, sense the purchase included a tote of, what I think to be original parts, including the air boxes and filters. I ordered and received a new set of rubber boot joints that attach to the air pass-thru tube welded under the battery tray, but when I tried assembly, the pass-thru is too high (about 1/2") in relation to the filter flange. The battery tray is bolted down correctly as far as I know and the filter housing boot to the carb intake along with the filter bolt to frame position is correct. Could this be a non-correct filter assembly? Really struggling with why they don't align.

Moved to 360 Carburetion section.

It's really hard to say for sure without seeing the situation. I don't know the finer points of the 350 and 360 very well so I'm not sure what the air filters should look like in the smaller details, which makes me wonder if the filters are correct or maybe they're from a 350. You should take and post some pictures of all of it and maybe someone more familiar will recognize something out of place. Did you compare what the filters you have look like with respect to the pictures on CMSNL or Partzilla?

Yea, these filters look correct when comparing with pics from online stores. I suppose it's possible too, that the battery box/tray in not correct, meaning the overall height is too short, although I bought this new battery from Autozone, one they suggested after giving them my bike model number. It fits perfectly in the tray and the seat does not interfere. I've got the battery tray removed and waiting on the new paint to dry. When I get everything back together I'll take some pictures. I'd like to run the original filters if possible, I hear the bike runs better and easier to tune with factory filters, just hit this snag that's puzzling me on the alignment - Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom