• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Different 305 models...CB77 vs CP77 vs CYP77?

Troy

Veteran Member
Total Posts
Total likes
Can anybody tell me the difference between the various 305's?

I believe the CB77 is generally referred to as the Superhawk.
I also believe the CYP77 is the actual police model and they might be somewhat rare but I'm not sure.
Where does the CP77 fit in? At a very quick glance at CMSNL it looks like parts are all compatible. I may have a line on a CP77 that seller tells me is a Superhawk and the story seems to add up. He's somebody that I know and generally trust his Honda knowledge. The CP may just be a Canadian variant, I'm not sure. Are there differences between the CB and CP? He seems to think there really isn't. Information on the internet seems vague and incomplete.

Cheers
Troy

Well, that was a great lead. Somehow I wasn’t aware of the mrhondaguru site but followed some other links there and found this about the CP.

“The short version of the model is that it is a chassis-modified CB77 305 Super Hawk with the same powerplant and suspension as the rest of the CB77 editions. The difference in the chassis configurations are the high handlebars, winkers (turn signals), a dual-element headlight, the early 1961 style tail light, non-folding footpegs, Dream 300 tank badges and generally, a sidestand was fitted.”

Sounds like an interesting model and bike. Hopefully it is what you think and works out for you to buy. Even if it has to sit for some time to fit into your schedule and budget for restoration. You have it in your garage ready for that day.

The guy I bought my 1966 CL77 from was local in town, which was nice and a also member of our CVMG vintage group.

Back
Top Bottom