• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

CB450 K0 stator wire colors

teebo

Veteran Member
Total Posts
Total likes
I can’t tell what color my stator wire colors are. Either end.

I thought I knew but based on some info from another site I’m not sure now.

I believe they should be brown, yellow, pink.

This other site indicated resistance between brown and yellow is highest. Brown and pink have the lowest. Pink and yellow in the middle.

Can someone confirm?

This will lead to a follow on question about using Charlie’s Place rectifier/regulator and that pink wire that goes to the ignition combo switch (and connects to yellow in switch position 3).

‘69 CB350
‘68 CB450K0

There is a good discussion on this on another forum that will probably answer all your questions. I'm sure that our mods would rather we not link to it here. Hopefully the people (they are all active here on VHT) who authored the great material on the other forum will weigh in here so that the information is now available on VHT for the future reference of others.

I believe you are correct though. In the meantime am sending you a PM.

There is a good discussion on this on another forum that will probably answer all your questions. I'm sure that our mods would rather we not link to it here. Hopefully the people (they are all active here on VHT) who authored the great material on the other forum will weigh in here so that the information is now available on VHT for the future reference of others.

I believe you are correct though. In the meantime am sending you a PM.

You can link to the other forum, just use the title of the thread as the link title so it doesn't show the actual link. If you're not sure what I mean or aren't sure how, just post the link and I'll fix it.

Similar to Teebo, my Stator wires were all the same colour, which is to say badly faded to a shade of off-white. The sources in the links above (who I believe are credible and to be trusted) put the expected resistance at:
Brown - Yellow = 1.0 - 1.5 ohms
Brown - Pink = 0.5 - 0.6 ohms
Yellow - Pink = somewhere in the middle, around 0.9 ohms.

Using my mutlmeter to check resistanc to identify which wire is which I get different results. My resistance seems to be higher in all combinations...2.7 ohms, 1.7 ohms, 0.8 ohms

Is this indicative of a problem?

Similar to Teebo, my Stator wires were all the same colour, which is to say badly faded to a shade of off-white. The sources in the links above (who I believe are credible and to be trusted) put the expected resistance at:
Brown - Yellow = 1.0 - 1.5 ohms
Brown - Pink = 0.5 - 0.6 ohms
Yellow - Pink = somewhere in the middle, around 0.9 ohms.

Using my mutlmeter to check resistanc to identify which wire is which I get different results. My resistance seems to be higher in all combinations...2.7 ohms, 1.7 ohms, 0.8 ohms

Is this indicative of a problem?

Mine are similar numbers as yours.

‘69 CB350
‘68 CB450K0

Back
Top Bottom