• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Chrome trim on seat

Fifty5

Veteran Member
Total Posts
Total likes
It seems that all of the Thailand based suppliers make the same incorrect chrome trim for the CB77 replacement seats. It goes straight forward and just stops. It should turn up at an angle as you can see in the last picture. Other than that, my seat is well-made and I am happy with it. Today I was looking at it and started to obsess about how it SHOULD look. The trim on my old seat was hopelessly mangled and couldn't be repaired. Then I realized that my old trim was not damaged on the forward parts. I got out a small cut-off wheel and cut off the parts of the trim that ran in front of the grab strap. Using electric heat shrink tubing, I mated the old forward trim to the new back part. (The heat shrink keeps them aligned.) The seat strap covers up the splice and heat shrink tube. Viola! I now have, what appears to be, correct trim on a good looking, new seat.
Seat, with incorrect trim.

SeatBefore.jpg

Splice with heat shrink tubing.

ShrinkTube.jpg

Seat with "correct" trim.

SeatAfter.jpg

Creative solution to the problem, nice work. Looks good and no one will be the wiser.

The Thailand suppliers drive me nuts. 80% of the product is there, just get the damn details right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom