• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Vertical head vs. Sloper head

Moved to Smaller Twins Engine section.

I recall discussions similar to this in the past but I don't think it involved the head itself, one of the more knowledgeable 175 members will have to confirm.

Can I fit a cl175 vertical cylinder head onto my Sloper 175 engine

You CAN, but the exhaust and intake angles are very different........
You will need to fabricate intake manifolds and exhaust headers to fit.....

Much easier to find and use the correct head. Since the motor is a stress member, the top mount point to the frame will be in a different spot and require a mount point bracket adjustment.

Just very hard to find the correct head. I have several 160 heads and only one 175 head that is not in very good shape. I have several 175 vertical heads so that is what I would like to use. The problems with carbs and exhaust is not an issue because I am building a VINTAGE ROAD RACER AND THAT STUFF WILL NEED TO BE DOME anyways

Different case then for you. I believe the vertical head has different sized valves or does breath better, which will help your cause.

Back
Top Bottom