• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Honda Motorcycle safety film

Cycleranger

Veteran Member
Total Posts
Total likes
Lots of very shiny twins and singles in this. The title says '70's but I'd say its no later than '69.
Remember when cars didn't all look the same? Ride defensively!

Great film....good old days and seemingly simpler times.. Thanks for sharing.

Moved to Historical Honda Literature section.

Quite the stroll down memory lane there, thanks for posting it. It could have been 1971 or so, it's really hard to be sure but the opening scene showed a CB750 which was only in the US a year or two depending on when this was made. I watched for any car I could identify as later than '69 but it was difficult to be sure. Man, has narration and commentary changed though, this one sounds like the stuff we had to listen to in high school. Plenty of typical things that can happen to a rider are shown in this video, definitely stuff you have to be ready for constantly. And yeah, cars absolutely did not all look the same then, I kinda miss that. Lots of cool cars in the video too, Rancheros, El Caminos, VW Beetles, GTOs, Novas... fun to watch.

That brief 750 shot looks like it could be test track footage, that's why I thought late '60's.
The reason I found this is because I have a 16mm film I picked up a few years ago that is apparently from this same series and I was poking around youtube to see if it was posted anywhere.

My film is marked reel three and is different but looks very similar to this one, it's mostly closer shots of a rider on a '68 or '69 CB350 restating a lot of the same safety info.
I might get it digitized some day but the color is really bad, like many old 16mm films, the blue and yellows have faded away.

Good point about the possible test track footage, it's short and doesn't reveal much. It's a shame so much of this stuff wasn't digitized until so much later. I also noticed it seemed like the only bikes in it were the S90 and the CB350

Back
Top Bottom