• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Nice CB750K8 in AZ

Decent survivor overall. Not sure I agree with "a highly desirable model, but if you know anything about this bike, you already know that". Honda was at the end of their styling ideas at that point in the SOHC 750's evolution, the earlier years from the K0 to the K5 are more highly sought after. Pretty unusual to see the owner's manual and toolkit with the bike though, I'll give them that. Seat being in great shape with no rips or tears is true but it's been recovered, no Honda stenciled on the back of it. No holes in the exhausts because it's not the stock exhaust, of course, but the way it's mentioned seems to play on the knowledge that the factory mufflers rust out despite the bike's exhaust not being factory. Rear rim looks wider than stock as if it's had a new one laced in, and there's no mention of the right sidecover (possibly both covers) apparently being retained by bolts since it looks like the tabs got broken off the cover, the grommets in the frame are empty and the emblem is missing from the right cover as well. Odd that they don't mention the add-on oil cooler while they're hyping the good parts, bike didn't come with one and it's not a bad addition when done right. Curious non-factory fuel line routing, not sure why but I wouldn't want it laying on the engine. Not sure it's worth what they're asking, I'd have to hear it run before deciding that.

That’s too expensive for that year of CB750 in that condition. Locally in Toronto there was an original condition same model selling on Kijiji last summer for around that same price in Canadian $$ It was 100% stock with beautiful exhaust and seat and paint and fairly low klms.

I was tempted to buy it for the pristine original condition, yet no more room in the garage or basement. :) In hindsight they are only original once so possibly a mistake.

Decent survivor overall. Not sure I agree with "a highly desirable model, but if you know anything about this bike, you already know that". Honda was at the end of their styling ideas at that point in the SOHC 750's evolution, the earlier years from the K0 to the K5 are more highly sought after. Pretty unusual to see the owner's manual and toolkit with the bike though, I'll give them that. Seat being in great shape with no rips or tears is true but it's been recovered, no Honda stenciled on the back of it. No holes in the exhausts because it's not the stock exhaust, of course, but the way it's mentioned seems to play on the knowledge that the factory mufflers rust out despite the bike's exhaust not being factory. Rear rim looks wider than stock as if it's had a new one laced in, and there's no mention of the right sidecover (possibly both covers) apparently being retained by bolts since it looks like the tabs got broken off the cover, the grommets in the frame are empty and the emblem is missing from the right cover as well. Odd that they don't mention the add-on oil cooler while they're hyping the good parts, bike didn't come with one and it's not a bad addition when done right. Curious non-factory fuel line routing, not sure why but I wouldn't want it laying on the engine. Not sure it's worth what they're asking, I'd have to hear it run before deciding that.

A few years ago, I was on the prowl for a Kawasaki Z1 73-75 as I used to own a 74, Ran into a few from $3000 to $6000 and passed as I thought they were to highly priced. There were many 76 to 78 KZ900/1000 available way cheaper, but my thought always was "they were not the original Z1 and they are not desirable. Flash forward to now, A decent z1 will set you back $14000 easy to $25000 for a nice example and those bikes I thought were non desireabole are all of the suddent $5000 to $7000.

I agree that Honda to me is "Not Desirable" but who knows where the value is going as its crazy right now. My luck is when I get around to selling any of the bikes I have, the bottome will fall out of the market as the new trend will be E-bikes and there will be no gasoline to buy.

The thing that really irks me is I kept my 74 900z1 many many years with the intention of restoring. I believe it was in the mid 90s (Before INTERNET/EBAY) where I got tired of hauling it around and taking up space in my garage and I sold it for $100. Makes me mad when I think about it. Mine was still a nice runner, not a rusted out pile of crap.

A few years ago, I was on the prowl for a Kawasaki Z1 73-75 as I used to own a 74, Ran into a few from $3000 to $6000 and passed as I thought they were to highly priced. There were many 76 to 78 KZ900/1000 available way cheaper, but my thought always was "they were not the original Z1 and they are not desirable. Flash forward to now, A decent z1 will set you back $14000 easy to $25000 for a nice example and those bikes I thought were non desireabole are all of the suddent $5000 to $7000.

I agree that Honda to me is "Not Desirable" but who knows where the value is going as its crazy right now. My luck is when I get around to selling any of the bikes I have, the bottome will fall out of the market as the new trend will be E-bikes and there will be no gasoline to buy.

The thing that really irks me is I kept my 74 900z1 many many years with the intention of restoring. I believe it was in the mid 90s (Before INTERNET/EBAY) where I got tired of hauling it around and taking up space in my garage and I sold it for $100. Makes me mad when I think about it. Mine was still a nice runner, not a rusted out pile of crap.

Can't disagree with the sentiment, as these bikes slowly become less and less available (and with container-loads of them going to the UK often it is happening faster) then even the lesser desirable models will go up in value. I know the feeling of wanting to kick yourself for selling something too soon (or at all), been there and done that myself.

Back
Top Bottom