• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Wich carburetor on CM400T C 1982 ???

SWEHondamatic

Total Posts
Total likes
I have a CM400T C 1982.

All info refer to CM400T -81 or CM450 -82.

So my question is if I have VB21 or VB22 and wich version (A,B,C etc.)?

/Kenth

Your carbs should have the model number stamped on the side. You may have the VB31 carbs used on at least some of the non-US models.

In the US the 400 engine ended in 1981 but it was still in use in Europe thru 1984 IIRC. So having a 1982 year model of the CM400T isn't unusual for you.
The US used VB21 carbs on the 1978/79 models and the switched to VB22 carbs, this is for the manual transmission models, The A models used VB24 carbs for 400 and 450 engines.
The rest of the world uses VB31 and VB32 carbs, I don't know when the switch took place. Fairly easy to tell the difference since the later carbs have an accelerator pump on the left carb and 2 cross over fuel pipe between the carbs.
VB21 & 31 carbs have a 32mm venturi whereas the VB22 & 32 have a 30mm. VB24 have a 28mm venturi.
The letter following VB## isn't of any real concern as long as both carbs are the same letter, it has to do with jetting configurations.

What a Forum. Quick and good information.
I went out to the bike and found stamps on the carbs.

VB31D without accelerator pump.

Thanks for all help.
/Kenth

What a Forum. Quick and good information.

We certainly try, and we're glad we could help. The difference between VHT and other forums is, we aren't here to make money, we're here to help vintage Honda owners and build a happy, knowledgeable community for the benefit of all. (y)

Back
Top Bottom