• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Help identifying this cable

jeepnjohn

Veteran Member
Total Posts
Total likes
I purchesed a part lot off of craigslist for honda twins which was focused on the Honda CB/CL350 Twin. Thus far, seems like everything is lineing up and I have many good NOS parts that I will be able to use in my build. There is one cable though that does not seem specific to the cb350.

It it a tachometer cable. I have attached some pictures here in hopes of someone being able to help identify the model used on or the actual part number for this cable. The cable is about 35 inches in length if this helps.

20221203_073026_resize.jpg 20221203_073014_resize.jpg

thx in advance,
john

Last edited by a moderator:
I forget what it's off but have seen it on something 'modern', maybe 1978 CX500? (I think of that as I had to buy a extra over-length screwdriver to get to mounting screw on crankcase, which was changed to 8mm head bolt on later models)
It may be a speedo cable although speedo and tach are pretty interchangeable,
Maybe CB125SS twin speedo (very rare in USA or Canada, I was the only person at MMI Orlando who had ever seen or worked on one from more than 130 instructors)

Not sure what model it's from but I have seen these as a speedo cable and the lug with the hole is a support for the front brake cable - obviously at the lower end.(y)

Back
Top Bottom