• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

About tire repair kit

Albert

Total Posts
Total likes
Hi guys, I'm trying to decide wich tire repair kit I'm going to buy to use in case a got a flat tire when in a long trip, these are three options I found but I'd like to hear your opinion first, of course I'll also buy a 12V compact air compressor. Hope to hear your opinions .Thanks and ride safe
Albert
2.1.jpg
1.jpg
3.jpg

Your 82 CB450SC has cast aluminum wheels and runs tubeless, this is a good piece of info to lead with as there are only a few bikes supported here that came with tubeless applicable wheels from the factory.

I used to carry various diameter screws and bolts in case I needed to try plug a puncture on the road. Carried a bicycle pump too... not sure if the setup would've ever worked and never ended up needing.

Ok, I'm gonna go with the rubber bolts, I picked a package of 10pcs, five with 5.3mm and the other five with 7mm and a small and portable air compressor, I hope that will get me covered, thanks again for all your opinions (y)

Sorry to comment on this late but I agree, either #1 or #3. I've used #3 a lot when I worked for the City of Tampa, we plugged a lot of car tires with those rubber plugs with heads on them and they seemed to be very long-term reliable. Our version came with a gun that you inserted the plug into, put a tiny plastic tapered tip on the end of the tube of the gun and then poked it through the hole in the tire that you wanted to plug. The tapered tip help get it through the thickness of the tire easily, then you squeezed the trigger on the gun which popped the plug out so the tip of the plug would expand inside the tire, then you pulled the gun out of the tire and the body of the plug pulled through the plies of the tire. Worked really well.

Also coming in late. Assuming tubeless tires... I'm not a fan of the nails, as they displace a lot of rubber.

I recommend Safety Seal, I put together a kit that includes their smaller ("Safety Seal Slim") as well as their larger, standard rope plugs.

I put an SAE connector on my tire inflator. The polarity is reversed, I can plug it right into the charger plug near my battery.

Of course, all that is for my Valkyrie. The CM450E has tubes, not sure where I'm going to go with that. The tires I have are a bear to bend back, even with a longer tire iron, I can't imagine doing that on the side of the road.

Back
Top Bottom