• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Removing/Installing Tank Knee Grip Pads

Hi Dick. A hairdryer or hot running water helps. I sometimes use those throw away plastic knives to help nudge off the end that is furthest from the pointy part. Reverse for install, pointy part first.

I should have said to spray or dribble WD40 or soapy water in under the edge to get anything unstuck first.

Last edited:
The way Ballberian describes is pretty much the same way I removed mine.

Thanks again for your help. I was dreading this task after hearing some horror stories, but using your method it was quick and easy. I used some tire mounting liquid. Super slippery. It probably helped some.

Dick there is a company called Clauss Studios based in the US who makes lots of reproduction rubber bits for these bikes. The tank pads you just removed are one such item. I bought a lot of small rubber items from them rather than reuse the old rubber bits, if they are tired.

Dick there is a company called Clauss Studios....

Thanks. I found them when I was searching for parts sources. I bought the horn mounting kit from them. I'll have a look at their complete line. I love supporting the little companies that go out on a limb to tool up to make scarce parts. They are really rolling the dice that they can sell enough to get their investment back let alone make a little profit.

Back
Top Bottom