• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

It's super cool recieving NOS Honda parts in the original packaging. But....

ausman1000

Veteran Member
Total Posts
Total likes
It's super cool receiving NOS Honda parts in the original packaging. But....

I always hesitate for a moment before being 'that guy' that slices open the OEM package that has gone untouched all these years by a human consumer. However, it is done and package has been opened. In this case it's a couple of OEM rubber shock absorbers that attach to the muffler bracket on our CB350 K2/K3's. It absorbs the shock of the kickstand when being kicked up.

gg.jpg

For me, every time I open an original Honda parts package it's like a little stroll down memory lane from when I used to go to the parts counter at the shops where I worked and got (sometimes) armloads of stuff in fresh Honda packages to do my job. It also reminds me the fun learning experience it was to understand Honda part numbers and to have many of them memorized for stuff you used so often like cables and points, as well as the pricing lists (shocking for the time, decades before Shark Tank was regularly discussing markups of 100% and higher). It was a common everyday occurrence then, now it's like a treat to get brand new stuff still in the package. BUT... if you're going to use it, you have to open it :lol:

I got some NOS bits from CMSNL recently that came in that packaging.
I always want to save those paper labels for some reason.

I was digging around in some old boxes a while back and found the computer typed-out parts slips from when I rebuilt the top end on my XL185s back in 1989.
It took me back for a few minutes as I'd completely forgotten about doing that. Don't know why I saved them.

Back
Top Bottom