• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Can this CL175 tachometer be used in place of a CB350 tachometer?

ausman1000

Veteran Member
Total Posts
Total likes
I have this very nice condition CL175 tachometer and was wondering if it could be used in place of a CB350 tachometer?

Part number pictured is 37240-342-670

Thanks

taco.jpg

Ditto.

The only possible issue is the angle at which the cable enters the clocks. I've fitted later CB200 clocks to a couple of my 175s and a different mounting bracket is required, as the later clocks face towards the rider, rather than looking straight up at the sky.

IIRC the fat cam redlined at 10,500

You recalled correctly! I just checked a few of my pics, my tach is redlined at 10500 and I do have the fat cam in my engine. I would have lost money if I bet on that! I thought for sure mine was at 9500! LOL

Ditto.

The only possible issue is the angle at which the cable enters the clocks. I've fitted later CB200 clocks to a couple of my 175s and a different mounting bracket is required, as the later clocks face towards the rider, rather than looking straight up at the sky.

Today I compared the entire rear assembly of the CL175 tach (pictured above) to another one that I have that actually is from a '69 CB350, and both are physically identical. I will get around to hooking it up one day to a 350 and get back with my findings. :)

Back
Top Bottom