• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Speedometer Hubs

Day444

Total Posts
Total likes
School me on speedometer hubs. Are they interchangeable? (The part that fits inside the wheel hub.) As long as the hub fits the wheel, it should work? I'm guessing the ratio for speed and mileage is taken care of by the gearing inside the speedometer?

The speedo's all have the same gearing/ratio built into them. The drive is what determines the actual reading. More or less interchangeable but there are differences in the body of the drive that might make it not fit/work. The choice of drive is affected by the tire sizing. Look at the 1980 CM400T unit. It fits bikes that are running 18' and 19" wheels, the difference is the 19" wheels are running low profile tires.

Alright, seems I had things backwards. Understood that tire size will effect the speedometer. So, an 18" hub drive is an 18" hub drive dependent upon fit to the wheel. No to do some checking and find some similarity among the drive units....

Back
Top Bottom