• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Wheel bearing play

You’re telling me!

I’m confident in the 635 retaining compound but you bet I’ll be checking in on that early next season.

The other bearing was solidly locked in place.

- 1972 CL350
- 1985 VF700F

You could make some punch divots inside the area where the outer race sits before using the retaining compound to help make it a little tighter, kinda like knurling

I've done that several times on truck and log trailer hubs over the years, the bearing race is usually loose again, next time you have it apart. JB weld might be a better choice for something with that much movement.

Yikes - how do you get it off after? The retaining compound I know can be removed with heat or some solvents.

JB weld is just force it till it gives?

- 1972 CL350
- 1985 VF700F

IF you consider that a properly torqued axle in a correct assembly prevents ANY axial movement, you may find the 635 sufficient to keep the wheel rotating on the bearing's ball rollers rather than independently rotating on the outer race of the bearing......It is going to "give" at the easier path first.....

Back
Top Bottom