• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

2 into 1?

WildeEngineer

Veteran Member
Total Posts
Total likes
I decided to set aside my search for oem mufflers for my cl450 for when I have more time and funds to actually make it a thing and instead find a work around.

While looking at aftermarket mufflers I got it into my head that I could try and make it 2into1 since the cl pipes are already on one side. If I was to try this route, I'd probably need to make some internal modifications like rejetting. Any advice on a good way to go about it and what changes I might need to make?

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

1st thing you'll need is a 2 into 1 collector https://www.coneeng.com/motorcycle_components.html
2nd is a muffler. Best is one that is 10x the volume of one cylinder, in you case 2.25 liters.
3rd will be determining the best primary pipe length. Need the exact bore, stroke and exhaust cam open duration to figure this out, probably in the 32" range +/- 1"
Carb jetting changes will be minimal.

Back
Top Bottom