• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

CA77 oil screen

Casamere

Total Posts
Total likes
Hi guys,
i am wanting to remove the oil screen and filter to clean on my CA77, what do I need to look out for when removing and refitting. Thanks

It engages on a crank gear to drive the oil pump, as your removing the oil pump there with the screen attached over the pump. When reinstalling it the gear will rotate on the oil pump to engage the crank gear that will remain motionless at that point.

Thanks gentleman, Mr Bill Silver recommended I look at it after 7k miles since engine rebuilt. But oil has been changed regularly.

Thanks gentleman, Mr Bill Silver recommended I look at it after 7k miles since engine rebuilt. But oil has been changed regularly.

I know for sure he would have said to clean the centrifugal oil filter. That is easy and should be done nearly every oil change. It is possible to have debris at the pump screen, but unlikely after a rebuild, unless there is a problem.

Back
Top Bottom