• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

SL175K0 schematics

adrian55

Total Posts
Total likes
i have just restored this bike and i am wondering if there's anyone who could have a look at the schematic and see if i've made any silly errors: so, i've ditched the original rectifier and regulator and fitted a modern reg/rect, i am feeding the ignition (Charlie's Place single pick up system) not via the kill switch but direct from the black wire from the ignition switch. i could have commoned up the 2 yellow wires from the alternator but i didn't.
new sch.jpg new sch2.jpg
the reason i'm asking is because, although the bike runs, i'm getting incomplete combustion on right hand cylinder, but that will be a thread in the engine section. Thanks for any help.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Red from the regulator goes directly to the battery to charge it. Honda is Red w/White. The solid Red from the battery goes to the ignition switch and should be fused, 15a.
I don't see any ground wires.
It's hard to follow the diagram since there's only a few actually complete circuits shown.

thanks Jim, yes i have red from reg/rect direct to +ve on battery, i'm not using the Red/white original wire.....and i have the solid red fused (supply to ignition switch), i do have plenty of ground wires

(i decided not to connect the reg/rect to the connector which originally connected to the rectifier as the reg/rect would have been subject to engine heat)

The first simple schematic looks OK to me, second one is a bit confusing. But if the bike starts and runs, and the battery is getting a charge, circuit is OK. Misfire will be something else. I'd strongly suggest combining the yellow and yellow/white wires at the reg/rec plug.

Here's an odd thing. I have an old SL175 wiring loom, which I'm using as a template to build a new loom with fresh wire and connectors.

On the later CB175 and CL175 looms that I have, the looms have a male 4 way connector for the stator, and a female 4 way connector for the silicon rectifier. This means that it would be impossible (even if the cables reached) to plug the stator into the rectifier socket and vice versa.

On the SL175 loom that I have here, BOTH loom connectors are male. Photos on the CNMSL site appear to confirm this, silicon rectifier for the SL has a female connector while the later CB part has a male connector.

I guess Honda realised that this might cause confusion and revised the latter looms and rectifiers. Certainly had me scratching my head ...

Interested to know if anyone could confirm this ie not me going mad.

Back
Top Bottom