• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Choke comes on with beans

Windmill John

Veteran Member
Total Posts
Total likes
Hi All,

if I give the bike some ancientdad, that is, high speed and high revs, the choke comes on. Any tips on tensioning the choke. I’m sure I can work something out, just wondered.

Try taking the little spring steel "detent" off the left carb, bend the tang out a little bit more and re-install it. It has lost its tension which provides the restriction of movement when the tip of it is in the notch in the lever. Obviously I put the blue box around the lever itself previously to show which way is Off, but the screw and metal tension device above it is the point of this usage of the picture

350 choke open.png

I had to do the same thing - opening up the tang helped and using a small triangle file to re-make the indent it sits in both helped greatly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is also enough 'slack' in the mounting screw hole that the choke can be partially on when open or not fully close.
I've had to use a triangular file on several of the carbs I've worked on to get the detent back in correct position so choke plate is completely horizontal when open

Back
Top Bottom