• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

CB350 K4 Swing Arm refurbished and fitted.

GaryJames

Veteran Member
Total Posts
Total likes
refurbished my 1973 swing arm with new collars, bushes, dust caps and Zerts.
Refitted to the frame.
Question is how tight to do up the spindle nut. Should the arm drop slowly under its own weight?

Incidentally the PO fitted some extensions to the Pillion step brackets so he could fit a rear rack.
These are obvious in the attached pictures.

cheers

Gary
Auckland

IMG_2079.jpg IMG_2078.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The torque spec should be in the FSM.

ahMdYRq.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks AD but the link to FSM errors out…contact administrator!

Interesting, I thought you meant the link to the FSM library (and maybe you did mean that too, because we know about that) but it turns out the picture I uploaded was somehow corrupted as well. Now that I checked back on this thread I realized it, as I had posted a screenshot of the part of the page for the swingarm torque spec as shown in the FSM. And yet it wasn't there. :sad:

Now re-uploaded and visible in the post above.

Torqued up to 65 foot lbs but seemed very tight to me so I backed it off and redid to 60.
still seems stiff, I have to push firmly to move the arm up or down
of course this may be quite different with the wheel, chain and shocks fitted so I will re check after further assembly
gary

Torque level on that nut will have zero effect on how freely the swingarm pivots up and down.

Back
Top Bottom