• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

CA95 needle and CA77 tires

Biggles

Total Posts
Total likes
Can anyone give me the dimensions, length and diameter of the main jet needle on a CA95. Also what metric sized tires have anyone installed on CA77s.

Moved to Smaller Twins Fuel section
For the tires multiply 26 x listed tire size to get close.
If the size is number plus 1/4, 1/2 or 3/4 it's a 90 profile, IE; 3.25s18 = 90/90/18
If the size is number plus .10 or .60 then it's an 80 profile. IE; 4.10s16 = 110/80/16

I couldn't find your introduction. What year is your CA95? The info I gave is for an early (60-63) round bowl PW20HOV carb.

Finally figured out where to put my intro. Thanks so much for info and clarification on carb model. It is indeed a PW20 and I am a bit embarrassed that I did not designate that in the original post. What are you on in your picture?

Finally figured out where to put my intro. Thanks so much for info and clarification on carb model. It is indeed a PW20 and I am a bit embarrassed that I did not designate that in the original post. What are you on in your picture?

When you have multiple replies to respond to, use the "Reply With Quote" button so the person you're responding to knows it's for them like this reply. Not sure what bike ballbearian is on is his avatar if that's what you were referring to, he'll have to weigh in.

Thanks for the conversion formula. Quite handy. I am interested though in what, if anything, anyone has actually installed on the rear of CA77 that clears everything. At one time a went up to a larger rear on my Super Hawk, noting it would clear the fender but when dropping off the center stand found it was too wide to fit between the stands legs. Doh! Looking at the 80/90s and 90/90s available today I'm beginning to understand why I've seen so many CAs with knobby or trials tires. Thanks again

I was jumping my '70 CT70HKO probably in 1971-72.

Early CA95's had a rounded bowl and later ones (64-66) had square flat sided bowls and maybe different needles. Different Keyster carb kits w/bowl gaskets.

Stock CA77 is 3.25 x16, but 3.50 x16 is no problem. Larger than that causes center stand issues for the height. Tyre choices are getting thin these days.

Thanks for the conversion formula. Quite handy. I am interested though in what, if anything, anyone has actually installed on the rear of CA77 that clears everything. At one time a went up to a larger rear on my Super Hawk, noting it would clear the fender but when dropping off the center stand found it was too wide to fit between the stands legs. Doh! Looking at the 80/90s and 90/90s available today I'm beginning to understand why I've seen so many CAs with knobby or trials tires. Thanks again
You might take a look at Heidenau tires, their vintage tires are inch and metric.

Back
Top Bottom