• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

CM250T 1981/83

hawkeyefxr

Total Posts
Total likes
Need some help/info on a Honda CM250T.

Fitted new seals and reinstalled into bike. Removed the top chrome plug to put the oil in and there is a 14mm plug screwed in 22mm down. I guessing it maybe to give different rides by adjusting up or down to give different spring rates.There is no mention of this in the official workshop manual and none of the online sites show this setup.

Normal forks for this model have 125cc of ATF in them, does my bike have the same amount?

1st, it will help if you edit your User profile location. Took me awhile to figure out you're in the UK, had to find your IP address.
Someone has changed the forks on your bike. All of the CM 185,200,250 series have the top bolt directly on the spring. I first thought that maybe you had CB400 early forks which have the 14mm spring load nut inside but those are 33mm and you have 31mm forks.
Hard to say on oil quantity but 125 is a good starting point. Visually, with the spring removed, the oil level should cover the lower spring seat by a few mm's.

Back
Top Bottom