• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

1984 VT700C water pump

kmil

Total Posts
Total likes
Hi to all, I'm finally able to get back to working on my bikes after a miserable bout of shingles. Get the shingles shot, you don't want this. My question is about a replacement water pump for this 1984 VT700C Honda that I have taking up space in my over packed garage. I have checked with all my sources and looked on Ebay with no luck. Honda says they don't supply the pump anymore and a used pump is a shot in the dark because it is just as old as the one that has failed. I saw where a guy on Ebay was selling a rebuild kit that requires you to have access to a press but he sold the business and I haven't looked for the new owners listing if they decide to continue the kit. My biggest question is does anyone on the forum know if the pump from any of the other V twin Hondas is the same. I find it hard to believe that Honda made a totally different pump for the many models and years. As far as I can find there is no cross reference manual for these bikes. I know that many of you lucky guys are heading to Barber for the weekend but any help would be great.

Thanks for the list. I guess I will have to create a search on Ebay to search all the models to see if one comes up. This bike is a problem child. It has sat so long that any thing made of rubber is deteriorating and when I fix one thing another thing fails. I don't want to part it out but sometimes its the only thing to do.

Back
Top Bottom