• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

This is aimed square at CM owners

hawkeyefxr

Total Posts
Total likes
Just fitting new seals to the front caliper, nre piston seal in and piston pushed into caliper.
Come to put the dust seal (boot) on and what a fight, i have the dst seal on the piston but getting it onto the caliper is one hell of a fight. I get it on, just, and it follows round coming off. It's like i need all five finger on each have just to hold it in place!!!

So have anyone here changed front caliper seals and have some helpful info.

I should add that i have changed many, many caliper seals and NEVER had this kind of trouble!!!

The procedure for mine (1982 CM450C) is to install both seals (fluid seal first and then dust seal) and then insert the piston into the caliper's cylinder.

The Honda shop manual also states to lube the cylinder a bit with fresh clean brake fluid before inserting both seals and also to lube the side of the piston(s) before attempting to insert the piston(s) into the caliper's cylinder.

Back
Top Bottom