• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Mikuni carbs and a '72 CL350

JPyle

Total Posts
Total likes
I bought two new carbs from Cognito Moto that are the 30mm Mikuni's. The "boot" that attaches them to the motor doesn't work and I'm having a hell of a time finding some that do. Anyone dealt with this before? The Cognito guys sell the carbs but no way to attach them.

Moved to 350 Carburetion section.

I'm running 36mm Mikunis on my 450 in the stock carb boots. It takes a little "lube" and a hard push to get them into the boots but they work just fine once in and clamped appropriately. I opened up the inner diameter of the boots to match the carb size and the (opened up) intake port size but they've been on the bike for about 2700 miles now and all is well. since 30mm Mikunis are only 2mm larger than the stock 28mm Keihins you should be able to use the stock boots, though buying a new set might help with flexibility.

Thanks, but the Mikuni's have a deeper "throat" section that prohibits it from working in the OEM boots, hence the problem.

Interesting, your Mikunis must be different than mine then. I bought 2 basic left side 36s as I had over 40 years ago for a drag bike then and it worked out the same this time around. Perhaps the 350 boots are not as deep as the 450 boots?

i7iYUZW.jpg

Interesting, your Mikunis must be different than mine then. I bought 2 basic left side 36s as I had over 40 years ago for a drag bike then and it worked out the same this time around. Perhaps the 350 boots are not as deep as the 450 boots?

They aren't. I believe I got the boots for my VM28s (CL350) from Speed Moto Co. I feel like 4into1 has the correct ones as well. The stockers don't fit because the internal rib is in the wrong place to mate with the carb.

They aren't. I believe I got the boots for my VM28s (CL350) from Speed Moto Co. I feel like 4into1 has the correct ones as well. The stockers don't fit because the internal rib is in the wrong place to mate with the carb.

So what did you do to make yours fit? I've never put Mikunis on a 350, only the two 450s over the years. So maybe he needs to check with SpeedMotoCo, I've bought from them a couple times myself but not carb boots.

So what did you do to make yours fit? I've never put Mikunis on a 350, only the two 450s over the years. So maybe he needs to check with SpeedMotoCo, I've bought from them a couple times myself but not carb boots.

The boots provided with the Speed Moto Mikuni Carb kit fit correctly. It must be a 350 thing.

I would reach out to them and grab a set. Other than that there are some videos on YouTube showing how to modify the boots which is IMHO, not worth the hassle.

The boots provided with the Speed Moto Mikuni Carb kit fit correctly. It must be a 350 thing.

I would reach out to them and grab a set. Other than that there are some videos on YouTube showing how to modify the boots which is IMHO, not worth the hassle.

True, I'll reach out. Thanks all!

I totally should've checked here first. Next time I will. Thanks for all of the help and links. Found what I needed.

I totally should've checked here first. Next time I will. Thanks for all of the help and links. Found what I needed.

That'll learn ya... :) glad you found it. Now we expect to see and hear about the results afterward

Back
Top Bottom