• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

White yellow to yellow wiring?

WildeEngineer

Veteran Member
Total Posts
Total likes
After seeing the posts on being cautious about video repairs, it made me wonder if the white yellow wire to yellow wire mod was something I should be doing after adding in a regulator/rectifier unit? If not I'll just put the wiring back to what it was.

Sent from my motorola razr (2020) using Tapatalk

With a modern gel battery that can cope with the charge this mod is fine. I have done it on all three of my 175s, although I prefer to make the connection right down at the stator end, seems daft to run the wires all the way to the head lamp shell and back. I also take the red and green wires from the new reg/rec direct to the battery, bypassing any old wiring and corroded connections.

I did a similar thing on my CB600 when I fitted a Yamaha branded Shindengen mosfet reg rec to replace the weedy burned out Honda part, wired it direct to the battery.

Back
Top Bottom