• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Kickstarter Return Spring

Ratchet

Veteran Member
Total Posts
Total likes
Okay, so I was kicking it over and I heard a snap. It now starts on kick but when running the kickstart will stay down.

As you can see from the video if I roll it forward the kickstart rolls forward also into a down position and stays there. Upon rolling the bike back after attempting a kickstart; with the bike not running, the kickstart will roll back up.

I think it's the kickstart return spring that is snapped but I'm not sure. This is my first time messing with a CB77 and the front kick start, which, btw when your foot slips off and it hits you in the shin for the fourth time making your leg feels like it's going to snap is a pain in the ass.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/hgZrWyRoberYMPep9

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Well, one of our 305 knowledgeable members will have to comment on that one, it's nothing I've ever worked on.

The lever is moving because the kickstarter pawl stays in mesh with low gear until the lever is retracted. Hold up on the lever and it will stop ratcheting. Pull the right side cover off and you'll see what you need. If I remember correctly, the two gears on that cover have timing marks that need to be aligned when it goes back together, when the cover goes back on the spring needs some preload to retract the pawl/kickstarter shaft when it's running.

The lever is moving because the kickstarter pawl stays in mesh with low gear until the lever is retracted. Hold up on the lever and it will stop ratcheting. Pull the right side cover off and you'll see what you need. If I remember correctly, the two gears on that cover have timing marks that need to be aligned when it goes back together, when the cover goes back on the spring needs some preload to retract the pawl/kickstarter shaft when it's running.
Interesting. I'll give it a whirl. I've tried to pull it back once started and it won't come up so I'll have to pull the cover and look. If kicked and not running it allows me to pull it back upright

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom