• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Very happy with this eBay buy that arrived today, Keihin 722a carbs

ausman1000

Veteran Member
Total Posts
Total likes
This was a very new listing when I spotted it recently. What made me pull the trigger at $125 was because they were 100% complete and just looked dusty. I popped the lids off this afternoon and I like what I see, including the original K jets 68/105. Even the chrome domes are way decent looking.

This will be an easy rebuild :)

carb.jpg car.jpg ca.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
On a side note... what is this nut and bolt and keeper attached to the unattached end of the spring metal choke coupler? I have not seen that before.

bol.jpg

Attachments

• kk.jpg
    kk.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 5
But why the bolt and nut when it is a spring steel loaded friction keyed grip on the mating shaft? Just asking 'cause both cb350's in my garage don't have that bolt and nut. I guess I should be asking, is that bolt and nut suppose to be there as part of the original setup as delivered? According to your pic the answer is likely to be yes!

I’ve owned the bike since it was new, and it came that way from the factory. I suppose it was for extra insurance to keep the linkage from vibrating off the choke shaft. Nice score on the carbs, BTW!
E1ABFC22-5925-4486-8C6F-104CAD3B4951.jpg

Looks like they just installed it that way to keep it from getting lost.
It is used to act as a clamp for the linkage.

Getting ready to reassemble these carbs and have a question about the diaphram. Do the two holes shown here have to be aligned in any particular way with the two holes on the internal disc?

Thanks

holly.jpg

I've forgotten most of what I once knew about 350 carbs, but I do believe the holes should be aligned. Did you get complete new diaphragms? Or did you replace the diaphragm on the old slides? If they are new complete diaphragms and are assembled as they should be, the holes in the slides should be in a certain position with respect to the throttle plate as well but I can't recall which way. The only diagram shown in one of the FSMs seems to show the holes on the air cleaner side of the carb throat

I've forgotten most of what I once knew about 350 carbs, but I do believe the holes should be aligned. Did you get complete new diaphragms? Or did you replace the diaphragm on the old slides? If they are new complete diaphragms and are assembled as they should be, the holes in the slides should be in a certain position with respect to the throttle plate as well but I can't recall which way. The only diagram shown in one of the FSMs seems to show the holes on the air cleaner side of the carb throat

The diaphram assemblies are the originals and appear to be in excellent condition. They have the keyed rubber tab so good to go there with out messing up positioning.
I am starting to think the two holes are not important as far as aligning because the internal disc is free floating and any vibration will make it move from any set position.

I am starting to think the two holes are not important as far as aligning because the internal disc is free floating and any vibration will make it move from any set position.

It's a valid point, the disc has equal holes to the slide and it will probably still allow flow even if not aligned. Good to hear the diaphragms are in nice shape, the OEM versions have always been the longest-lasting. And having quality parts there is a big part of how well a 350 will run.

The plastic keeper doesn’t sit completely flush with the bottom of the slide, has 4 holes in it, and is free to rotate a bit, so I’ve never worried about aligning the holes in it with the slide holes.

Back together after a refresh and they look quite presentable. And all new oem Honda rubber inside to keep things real!

Before

before.jpg

...and after

c1.jpg c2.jpg c3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad those carbs worked for you.

The holes in the piston comes up rarely and I don't think has been completely spoken to.

The carb manuals I think they are illustrated engine side instead of air box side.

I cut the diaphragm nub and swapped a set to see if it mattered and I couldn't tell any difference.

I forgot to mention yesterday when I measured initial float height (as delivered to me) height on both were at 29-30mm. They are now set at 26mm and done the right way. I am assuming a previous owner most likely set them with the full weight of the floats pressing down on the pintle valve.

Back
Top Bottom