• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Avon Street Runner AV83 tires? I'm considering them: anybody running these ?

bilbikek411

Veteran Member
Total Posts
Total likes
I want to get a pair of AV83 street treads and install them on my little Honda.
Has anyone installed these and ridden on them for a few miles/kilometers in different weather conditions ?
How's the handling and grip,in your opinion ?

I have them on my CB175, 2.75/18 and 3.00/18. They replaced a new set of Ching Shen tyres, bought because tread patterns matched the original Japanese tyres. I had a front wheel slide in the dry with these tyres and decided to bin them.

The Avons seem OK, no issues with grip so far. The shoulders on the tyres are quite tall, doesn't look like you could lean the bike over too far without running out of tread. I don't ride in the wet, so can't comment on that aspect. Rubber feels quite hard, but the compound soon heats up when ridden.

p8vferI.jpg

I actually prefer the similarly priced Michelin Street Pilots that I have fitted to my SL175, they just seem to feel more 'sporty', for want of a better description.

TCLFOBh.jpg

I have them on my CB175, 2.75/18 and 3.00/18. They replaced a new set of Ching Shen tyres, bought because tread patterns matched the original Japanese tyres. I had a front wheel slide in the dry with these tyres and decided to bin them.

The Avons seem OK, no issues with grip so far. The shoulders on the tyres are quite tall, doesn't look like you could lean the bike over too far without running out of tread. I don't ride in the wet, so can't comment on that aspect. Rubber feels quite hard, but the compound soon heats up when ridden.

I actually prefer the similarly priced Michelin Street Pilots that I have fitted to my SL175, they just seem to feel more 'sporty', for want of a better description.

Richard,I appreciate your response. (y)

I was looking at those Michelin Pilot Street tires and they look very good also.I was looking online and so far(here in the US)they're only available in 17" sizes,as far as I can see.I need more options for 3.00x18" here in the US.. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom