• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Exact route of pilot screw air and fuel

Windmill John

Veteran Member
Total Posts
Total likes
I’m giving my carbs another Clean tomorrow and want to know if anyone knows the exact route the fuel/air takes to pass the pilot screw.

On the many Bing carbs I’ve had, the route was different to these Keihins. I could spray the air jet orifice on the carb intake stub and watch fuel (cleaner) flow from the exit hole in the inlet tract, a reasonably straight run.

My mixture screw is having no affect on my left carb and I just want to make sure I cover the entire journey taken by air and fuel.

I can see an exploded view in the manual, but can’t see the exact route.

Thanks

It’s in my signature, but Dude’s a 68 250K

It’s in my signature, but Dude’s a 68 250.

For whatever reason your signature did not show up in this particular post despite being visible in most if not all the others (I literally just looked to be sure). And it's worth mentioning that the bike is a CB250K as opposed to the later CB250G5, particularly since the carbs would be different between them.

Oops! Signature now there. I did mention 68 though.

Ooh, you’re a hard task master ;)

Just in the name of accuracy for those less familiar. :) Remember, the years sold/titled back then were not always the year the bike was built, at least not in the US before Honda adopted the universal 17 digit VIN

Here’s an example of my paranoia….

I’m not into concourse, very much form over function. But, if I said K0, someone might turn round and say it never was the K0, they just called the next, the K1.
It was just the first CB250. See, I have a degree in being anal :)

I know, I know, you’re going to say just say ‘K’

Well, it's far ahead of those who simply say "I just bought my first Honda CB", which could be anything...

When I get my teeth in something, I’m like a dog with a bone…. That sounds nicer than saying obsessive!

Anyway, carbs off tomorrow, I’ll get cleaner flowing everywhere.

Do you think a previous owner didn’t realise this is a push fit jet :rolleyes:

And no, it wasn’t me!

Attachments

• 2018840B-841C-4A92-B8C7-A1EA9CC6CF17.jpg
    2018840B-841C-4A92-B8C7-A1EA9CC6CF17.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 12
Back
Top Bottom