• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Cam and Rocker repairs

LongDistanceRider

Administrator
Staff member
Total Posts
Total likes
Alternatives for Delta Cam, MegaCycle Cam and WebCam

350's
Oregon Cam has the masters to regrind both the Fat and Skinny cams.
Rocker Arms Unlimited has both versions of rockers to verify a good repair.

360's
Oregon Cam will have the master to regrind this cam shortly. Dropped a very nice clean one off today, thanks to crazypj for the loan.
Rocker Arms Unlimited will be able to repair the rockers BUT it would be helpful if we could supply them with a new rocker for QC purposes.

Oregon Cam
www.oregoncamshaft.com
5913 NE 127th Ave. #200
Vancouver, WA 98682
360-256-7985
Fax: 360-256-7465
Email: [email protected]

Rocker Arms Unlimited
www.rockerarms.com
16575 Clear Creek Rd.
Redding, CA 96001
530-242-1316
Fax: 530-242-1312
Email: [email protected]

The CB360 rocker arms seem to be unavailable at CMSNL and Partzilla, but there are some used ones on eBay. Would a gently used rocker be helpful or do we need it to be NOS?

This reminds me, I need to get a 450 intake camshaft to them as well (and hopefully an exhaust cam too if I have a good one) so they can get set up to do DOHC 450 cams.

The CB360 rocker arms seem to be unavailable at CMSNL and Partzilla, but there are some used ones on eBay. Would a gently used rocker be helpful or do we need it to be NOS?
NOS would be best, that way they can have the exact measurements and angles. I'll call Gary and ask if lightly used will be ok.

This reminds me, I need to get a 450 intake camshaft to them as well (and hopefully an exhaust cam too if I have a good one) so they can get set up to do DOHC 450 cams.
Since the master follows exactly the donor cam any defect will be ground into the master and consequently any cams ground off that master. PJ sent a 5K mile cam that looks almost brand new which is great.

Just got thru to him. A good used rocker will work fine. He'll want to keep it to use as a QC check point. Be sure to mark it clearly as a 360.

Will this do or should I look for a better example?

qJ358wz.jpg

BFKDyn9.jpg

vgJg2HL.jpg

Would a tag wired into the tappet screw hole work for the purposes of labeling?

Is it dished in any way at all? Hard to tell from that view, but otherwise looks pretty good. I'd agree that a wired tag through the pivot shaft hole would do, but it might get removed to put the rocker in a jig. Maybe a paint pen to write on it as well?

Is it dished in any way at all? Hard to tell from that view, but otherwise looks pretty good. I'd agree that a wired tag through the pivot shaft hole would do, but it might get removed to put the rocker in a jig. Maybe a paint pen to write on it as well?

No dishing that I can see.

549qXsQ.jpg

Good deal.

I will send this out to Rocker Arms Unlimited, hopefully sometime next week. I'll tag it through the tappet adjustment screw hole and try a paint marker if I can find one.

Should I mention your name, Jim, with the shipment?
Please do, Gary is getting to know me via phone calls. One day I'll run down there for a visit.

Back
Top Bottom