• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Vent tube

Domscustom

Veteran Member
Total Posts
Total likes
I have the valve cover rubber vent tube just running down under frame on right side is that correct ?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe there is a moderate sized metal retention tab on the center frame tube under the engine on the left of center. I've never been entirely sure but the size and shape of the tab makes you think it might be intended for the crankcase breather. Straight down under the middle of the bike is typical. The hose on my 450 won't curve comfortably around the cross-piece in the frame there to fit properly in it so I'm not using it. Nothing else in that area looks like it's intended for the breather tube. I ran mine in between the triangular motor mount plates at the back of the engine.

Truth be told: I'm not currently running one on my 450.

I'm surprised at you, unless your engine is in really good condition you'll eventually have an oily mess in there from the mist that will come out of it when hot.

And though I'm usually behind Honda's routing choices, not that one. Around the outside of the motor mount on the right looks bad IMO

I'm surprised at you, unless your engine is in really good condition you'll eventually have an oily mess in there from the mist that will come out of it when hot.

And though I'm usually behind Honda's routing choices, not that one. Around the outside of the motor mount on the right looks bad IMO

I should add one. As it is, I have to clean the carb bodies off from time to time.

Sorry if I am changing the subject slightly, but what do you guys use for the breather hose? My original Honda hose is long gone and I have been using PVC hose which works but goes hard after a while. Is there a better way?

I found the OEM replacement hose for the XS650 (thin wall like the original Honda hose), same fit and longer than the original so you can route it the way you want it and trim it to length. Got it from the conglomerate that is Dime City/Randakk's/Z1 Enterprises/Mike's XS

Sorry if I am changing the subject slightly, but what do you guys use for the breather hose? My original Honda hose is long gone and I have been using PVC hose which works but goes hard after a while. Is there a better way?

I'm glad you brought it up, roo. The main reason I wasn't running one was that the original was not there when I got my bike.
I found the OEM replacement hose for the XS650 (thin wall like the original Honda hose), same fit and longer than the original so you can route it the way you want it and trim it to length. Got it from the conglomerate that is Dime City/Randakk's/Z1 Enterprises/Mike's XS

Thanks, Tom.

Ok, thanks, that welded on circular piece looks too small for the hose but I’ll try, maybe it swelled up over time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BUNA-N tubing is oil resistant, and will remain flexible for a long time; you can find it at McMaster-Carr.
You have to make sure the breather tube is not restricted, or pressure will build up enough to blow the seal around the clutch lifter rod out of the case. Really makes a mess, especially on the bike following.

Back
Top Bottom