• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

'82 CM200T petcock rebuild kit

deckeda

Veteran Member
Total Posts
Total likes
Putting this out there for any other owners of this model.

Unlike the 185T, this bike's petcock has a sediment trap. Most search results for CM200T stop at 1981, for whatever reason. Took me several tries to feel good about the few places referencing the '82 to feel confident, but here it is:

My research indicates it'll be the Parts Unlimited 0705-0451

Comes with a drill bit and self-tapping screws because the original petcock is riveted together. I think I saw an OEM petcock for $80, so I'll first try this gasket kit for $18. I wasn't much interested in the ~ $12 petcocks I saw.

--> Parts Unlimited does not do Amazon but they are found on eBay and through many moto-specific sellers both online and physical stores ... including Honda Powersports dealers. So this appears to be it for a solution if you want to rebuild your original petcock.

Same petcock as the Rebel? Asking for a friend. Good on you for searching out a solution.

Sorry, don't know that answer since the Rebel name didn't arrive until a few years later, after the transition from the larger CMs occurred.

Same petcock as the Rebel? Asking for a friend. Good on you for searching out a solution.

Sorry, don't know that answer since the Rebel name didn't arrive until a few years later, after the transition from the larger CMs occurred.

The part numbers could offer the answer, Honda has used the same parts on different bikes many times over the years and if true, the part numbers could easily match. Not sure which Rebel is the subject of that question but it would be easy to look up and compare

The part numbers could offer the answer, Honda has used the same parts on different bikes many times over the years and if true, the part numbers could easily match. Not sure which Rebel is the subject of that question but it would be easy to look up and compare

I was just thinking aloud. My buddy has an '07 250 and his petcock is fine but it would be great to have a packing washer data base (even for the riveted ones) with diameters, models used on and part numbers.

I was just thinking aloud. My buddy has an '07 250 and his petcock is fine but it would be great to have a packing washer data base (even for the riveted ones) with diameters, models used on and part numbers.

If it were mine I'd search the Honda parts houses for a part number. And then Google whatever that number is for more info. I did my research kinda in reverse, starting with bike model and the same part kept coming up, even from Honda dealers ... in this case they've embraced the aftermarket part and are reselling it.

Mine's coming from a slow boat. Won't be here for another 6 days.

I typed in that Parts Unlimited number and found one for my '78 CB400T that has leaked a bit. 0705-0450!

Thanks a bunch. When I do get it and do the deed, I'll measure it's dimensions and post it for posterity.

Back
Top Bottom