• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Blew the engine… I think - cb400t

CafeTai66

Total Posts
Total likes
Alright fellas, I’m typing this from the side of the highway, I’m 80% sure I blew my engine. Oil spit everywhere and white smoke out the exhaust. The old gal needed a rebuild anyway and now I’m looking for what the next best step is. This is my first engine rebuild but I am no stranger to working on motorcycles. Should I just go and rebuild everything or just the gaskets that come from the rebuild kits? Also where can I get a good rebuild kit? Happy fourth also!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been there myself. I hope you are able to get it home without too much hassle or expense. I guess you'll find out what you need once you've gotten it apart and had a look-see. Good luck.

Sorry to hear you're on the side of the road. As Brody mentioned, it's best to get the engine apart before thinking about what to order so you can see the full extent of what happened to it.

Until it's apart and thoroughly checked I would not buy anything.
For gasket sets I'm partial to Vesrah although I much prefer the more expensive Honda gaskets which are in short supply.

Sounds like at least one piston has failed. Figure out which one and remove that plug and see if you can get it off the highway on one cyl.

If that's the case you're looking at a full top and bottom, replace pistons, cylinders and possibly the head

Back
Top Bottom