• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

David Silver after market silencers

Moved to Product Reviews section.

If they are the Dunstall-styled version I recall most saying they are louder than stock.

Sometimes the truth hurts... :rolleyes:

I'm sure you'd rather know now than after you've spent the money...

If the 250/350 silencers are similar to the 175/200 items, they are fairly close internal copies of the OEM pipes, and have a conventional chambered baffle system, rather than being straight through absorbtion type / glass packs, as found in the Dunstall pipes.

Again, if like the 175/200 pipes sold by DS, they are slightly louder than stock but not noticeably so.

I'm having a senior moment, can't recall his name, but one of our members had a close relationship with the UK company that makes / made these pipes, as sold by DS and a couple of other UK bike shops. I remember him writing about how he bought the pipes unchromed so that he could tidy up the welding on the clamshell seams, make them look more like OEM, before getting them chromed.

Thanks Richard.

I know it flies in the face of a lot or riders, but I prefer quieter. I’ve had a lot of bikes, but Soichi seems to be the joint loudest. I had a 4 speed Bullet which was loud, my wife would not go on him.

Added - I’ve just listened to those two videos. Whilst of course cameras have built in noise suppression, those silencers do sound quieter than mine…… hmmm…..

If you'll bear with me droning on again ...

When I was 16, I lived at Whitbourne, just over the border into Herefordshire. A lad in our village had one of the first CB250s, a gold and white one. Stock exhaust. He worked in Bromyard, early start at a bakery. I loved the sound his bike made, and you could hear it clearly all the way from Whitbourne up to Bromyard Downs, some 5 or 6 miles away. It had a real bark to it. I'm sure that slightly later ones were much quieter, less powerful as well, despite the brochures saying the output was the same, 30Ps from memory. I remember seeing him accelarate hard in first gear, front wheel lifting a few inches. My later CB250G5 would never do that.

Drone away, droning is quieter than my exhaust :)

I'm almost tempted to try them..... if they are similar to the K4 exhausts, then they are definitely quieter than those on my bike. Bark is probably an appropriate word. But, spending the money and finding them the same\louder would probably tip me over the edge!

Back
Top Bottom