• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

Not a technical question, which carb

Windmill John

Veteran Member
Total Posts
Total likes
Not sure where to post this as it’s just a question.

when I got my bike yesterday, the PO thinks the carbs are K4 carbs. Now I’m not bothered, in the sense that I’m not a concourse person but a rider. But in case I need parts if there is a difference, what do you think?

my bike is a 68.

see carbs pics in link below. Saves me rotating etc!

http://jalbum.net/a/2049180

John

Moved to CB250/350/360 Carburetion and Fuel section.

I know next to nothing about 350 carbs, but if it really says "3D" in the blue circle then that may well be the version you have

XZlLMNd.jpg

Cor blimey nit picker, my bike is a 1968 250, thought it was the right sub forum ;)

didn’t notice the 3d, I’ll do a bit more digging, thanks.

From what I know the CB250 in England was the same as the 350 just with lower displacement Cylinders to meet some Motor Vehicle regulations,
A '68 350 could have had either 350, 3C or 3D. Carbs the later models came 722A's

So, as I’m not hot on the designation and my bike is a 250 from Canada:

Could the carbs be from a 350, the same as a 350, the same shells as 350s but different jetting, or something else?

I know on BMW Airheads, a lot of the bodies had different numbers but were the same. The numbering just let you know which model bike and therefore what jets were fitted etc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom