• Don't overlook our Welcome Package, it contains many links to important and helpful information about functions at VHT like posting pictures and sending PMs (private messages), as well as finding the parts you need.

AD

CA95 making noise and shutting down

Farmer Pete

Total Posts
Total likes
Hi all. I have a ‘64 CA95. Never really had any issues with it. At the end of last season the clutch was slipping so I left it with my local Honda dealer to replace the clutch. They also rebuilt the carb. They finished it a couple of months ago and it’s been sitting in my garage since. Today I took it out for the first ride of the season. Was running great for about 5 minutes, then I started to hear some noise from the engine (loud tapping), and it shut down. I was able to get it fired up again, but the noise was still there so I let it sit for a while. It then started right up and was fine for another 5 minutes before the engine starting making noise again. I was able to get it home without stalling (maybe 2 miles), but it felt like it didn’t have normal power. I am thinking that the oil pump is starting to go bad. Does that sound right? Any other suggestions? Thanks.

Hi all. I have a ‘64 CA95. Never really had any issues with it. At the end of last season the clutch was slipping so I left it with my local Honda dealer to replace the clutch. They also rebuilt the carb. They finished it a couple of months ago and it’s been sitting in my garage since. Today I took it out for the first ride of the season. Was running great for about 5 minutes, then I started to hear some noise from the engine (loud tapping), and it shut down. I was able to get it fired up again, but the noise was still there so I let it sit for a while. It then started right up and was fine for another 5 minutes before the engine starting making noise again. I was able to get it home without stalling (maybe 2 miles), but it felt like it didn’t have normal power. I am thinking that the oil pump is starting to go bad. Does that sound right? Any other suggestions? Thanks.

Please check your PMs (private messages). Thanks

It might be helpful to take a video of it and post it here (you'd have to host it somewhere like YouTube or Google Photos, then link it here)

Back
Top Bottom